3 Blind Mice Window Coverings has a large selection of indoor window shutters to fit every taste and price range. If you’ve been dreaming about stylish window treatments for your home, custom shutters might be just the thing you are looking for.
Custom Window Shutters Design & Installation
3 Blind Mice Window Coverings has a large selection of indoor window shutters to fit every taste and price range. If you’ve been dreaming about stylish window treatments for your home, custom shutters might be just the thing you are looking for. To view photos and design ideas for your home, choose the type of shutters you are interested in from the galleries below.
Select a type of Custom Window Shutters Design & Installation
Things to Consider
One of the best things about custom shutters is that the different options you can choose from come in all kinds of price categories, assuring that even a modest budget can afford the sophisticated look of shutters.
While there are pros and cons to each variety, real wood plantation shutters offer you the most flexibility when designing custom shutters because the wood can be custom stained with any finish, and/or cut to fit any sized window.
Vinyl is less expensive than real or faux wood, and is especially good for high moisture areas like laundry rooms and bathrooms. Composite faux wood shutters are a good middle of the road product that will give you the look of real wood at a cost closer to vinyl, and while they are not as good as vinyl in high moisture areas, they are better than wood.
All types of custom shutters are available in natural wood tones, stained or painted variations allowing you to pick a style and design that will seamlessly flow with the interior design of your home. Besides being durable, functional and easy to use, one of their unique features is the curb appeal that they add to your home.
- Louver sizes which range from 1 7/8″ and go all the way up to 5 1/2″
- Frame types from simple bull nose to detailed molding
- Hinge types from surface mounted hinges to a higher end hinge which is a mortised hinge
- Hinge colors ranging from silver, powder coated, painted, antique brass, bronze oil rubbed or even brass to name a few
- Tilt options from a standard tilt rod to a hidden tilt rod otherwise know as “Clearview”
- Header options from a simple “mouse hole” – no pun intended - to a liberty arch cutout
- Colors and stains – if you think it we can color it, we match any color and any stain out there
- Panel configurations – there are many ways to configure your panels from cafe style to double hung, to bypass to bifold there are a large number of configurations that best suit your needs.
Interior shutters are a great window treatment idea for families with small children because they do not have any dangling cords or strings that children can get tangled up in. In addition to shutters, we provide a variety of cordless & child friendly window treatments as well as motorized window coverings that will eliminate hazardous pull cords from your home and give you one less thing to worry about!
Shutters are usually hinged on the outside of the window frame and swing open to allow access to the window or to allow light in. Operable slats can be adjusted to accommodate light, airflow or privacy concerns. They are also available in multiple tears allowing for half of the window to have the slats open while the other half remains closed giving you even more control over light and privacy.
We love working on uniquely shaped windows such as circular, oval or arched windows. During the in-home consultation, our designers will provide you with a plethora of options to custom fit any shape or size window and stained to match any homes existing decor.