Welcome to our career’s page. Click on the headings below to view information about current job openings at 3 Blind Mice Window Coverings.
Outside Sales Person - Full Time
SUCCESS Factor Snapshot
3 Blind Mice Window Coverings, Inc. is a growing vibrant company that sells and installs all window covering products including shutters, blinds, shades, motorization, draperies, and window tint both in the residential and commercial sector. The company has recently repositioned itself and is once again a major player in this re-emerging market and is currently on a 35% plus annual growth rate.
Organizational Structure and Interfaces
Reports to: District Sales Manager
Primary Interfaces: Customers, Employees, Subcontractors (Salespeople) and Contractors
SUCCESS FACTORS (In Order of Priority)
This will put you in the job before we hire you.
- Product Knowledge: Experience in window coverings is required for this position. In the first 90 days you would need to learn our current product lines and have a general understanding of each line. We will teach you master level knowledge of products on a weekly basis. Product lines serviced are Graber, Century, and Sunland to start. We have the largest selection in the state and we carry all lines but this is the core business. We also are a contract dealer with Mechoshade for those who have connections in the commercial world. As a plus our company has become the industry leader in all forms of motorized window coverings.
- Selling to Customers in Their Homes: You will be responsible for presenting products to customers, consulting on product and color, writing up orders, collecting payments, getting paperwork to office administration. The office takes care of ordering product (coming Q2 2014), setting up install, taking care of any customer needs, processing payments, repairs if needed. This allows you to keep marketing and selling and not bog you down with all the other details of the order.
- Weekly Sales Meetings: Weekly sales meetings are held at our company headquarters in San Diego and would need to be attended on a weekly basis.
- Daily Reporting in the Company CRM: It is a key requirement to keep the online Customer Relations Manager updated daily. This is as simple as updating a new appointment status or following up on marketing tasks that you have assigned to yourself like following up with a past customer or a newly installed job.
- Selling with integrity and honesty 100% of the time, no exceptions!
- Experience in window covering sales
- Ability to help customer make decision on color, style, texture, and functionality of window coverings.
- Strong interpersonal , customer service, and time management skills
- High standard of quality with an eye for detail
- Very well organized
- Ability to quickly learn new product lines
- Uses a system to manage contacts, appointments, and other pressing priorities.
- Able to work independently and do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Intermediate computer skills, be able to use electronic calendars, having a smart phone is a must and an Ipad or Tablet is a plus.
- Reliable transportation, cellular telephone, and a computer are a must.
- Above average commission
- Weekly training and personal development
- Regular sales contests
- Working in a Family Environment with Christian values
- Office support that allows you to sell and not be caught up in a ton of paperwork that this business can have.
- Established company that is growing
- 10% of the total sale less sales tax for the exception of Costco jobs if applicable (Costco is about 9% base)
- 4% bonus if leads are self generated
- 30% sales bonus on difference sold above company par price
- Average commission combining self generated leads and leads given by the company is between 12-15%. If you self generate everything you can expect to see 14-17% commissions.
- $7-$10 sales closing bonus per sale
Top Producers Have These Characteristics:
- BURNING DESIRE to be successful earning a great income without sacrificing quality of life.
- Constantly looking for new sales opportunities
- Utilize companies online CRM (Customer Relations Manager) to follow up with contacts.
- Involvement with professional referral groups or industry groups.
- Not concerned with the sale, but getting the right product for the customer based on the customer’s needs.
- Top down / good, better, best selling is a must.
- Return calls from customers and administration with a high sense of urgency.
To give homeowners pride and confidence in the window coverings they choose by delivering lifetime quality at an affordable price and industry-leading service before, during, and after the sale.
INTEGRITY – INNOVATION – COMMUNITY – FUN
To Motorize Every Window Treatment We Sell
Why We Do What We Do – Our Cause
We believe in providing innovative solutions that enhance your environment
Brand Ambassador - Part Time
We are looking for an individual who has the drive for sales and/or needs a few extra hours on the side.
You’ll gather lead information and help members feel that they have made the right choice in going forth with 3BM’s Window Fashion program by educating them on what 3BM provides in the window covering business. You will work both at an individual and team level by reporting to our headquarters via fax, phone, in-person or email in San Diego CA.
Duties include presenting our services and qualifying store members to arrange In-Home appointments for window coverings (blinds, shades, shutters, motorization and draperies). Your ability to work Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday and some evenings are a must. The position is up to 29 hours per week depending on your desire and availability to work as well as your results in lead generation.
Locations of warehouses:
- San Diego Locations:
- La Mesa
- San Marcos
- Southeast San Diego
- Orange County Locations:
- Laguna Nigel
- San Juan Capistrano
- Sacramento Locations:
- Cal Expo
- Citrus Heights
- Rancho Cordova
- South Sacramento
The shifts for our road shows are as follows:
- Thurs: 9:45am-3pm/3pm-8:30pm
- Fri: 9:45am-3pm/3pm-8:30pm
- Sat: 9:15am-1:45pm/1:45pm-6pm or a full day shift
- Sun: 9:45am-1:45pm/1:45pm-6pm or a full day shift
We have other shifts available based on the qualified leads you bring to the company as well as your availability and desire to work.
The ideal candidate would bring the following to the job in order to be successful:
- Reliable source of transportation
- Experience with lead generation is a plus
- Legible handwriting
- Clean cut professional appearance
- Must be comfortable approaching members to gather their personal information
- Be able to stand on concrete floors on an anti-fatigue mat for four to eight hours
- Able to work independently and do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Intermediate computer skills
- Cellular telephone and a computer are a must.
- Active professional communication with the office
Benchmarks and skills of current top performers
- Plug into weekly conference calls Wednesdays at 8am.
- Sales driven and goal oriented.
- $11 per hour plus $4 for each appointment executed.
- Pay period is 1st and 15th of each month.
- 15th you will be paid for the previous month’s 16th-31st.
- 1st you’ll be paid for the previous month’s 1st-15th.
Example: If you start work on March 10th, you’ll be paid on April 1st for March 10th thru March 15th, then paid on April 15th for March 16th thru March 31st .
How to Apply:
Please send a resume, cover letter and references to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply to this posting.
To Apply: Please send a resume, cover letter and references to email@example.com
3 Blind Mice Window Coverings, Inc. is committed to helping each and every person get the most out of their time. We have weekly conference calls to keep you up to date on company news, share marketing tips, sales tips, anything related to what we are doing.
Our mission statement is: To give homeowners pride and confidence in their window coverings they choose by delivering lifetime quality at an affordable price and industry-leading service before, during, and after the sale.
This is evidenced by the number of awards we have won, including the 2005 and 2007 BBB Torch Award for Marketplace Ethics and The San Diego Business Journal’s 100 Fastest Growing Privately Held Companies award, ranking #2 in 2006 and #50 in 2007!